A DOLLAR store Thanksgiving hack has made dishing out leftovers so much easier.
A savvy holiday host has revealed her trick ahead of the holiday season.
A Thanksgiving leftovers hack has been revealed by a savvy hostGetty Images – Getty
TikTokA woman shared her hack to making Thanksgiving dinner easy[/caption]
TikTokInstead of using plates, you can use cheap trays[/caption]
Jessica Nelson shared on social media how she was prepping for Thanksgiving dinner.
The TikTok user had bought chip trays from a dollar store, which she was going to use as plates for her guests.
The trays were big enough that people could pile on as much food as they wanted without having to go back for seconds.
It would also save her the hours of clean-up that she would have to spend doing if she had used actual plates.
She dubbed the chip tray as the perfect Thanksgiving plate.
Following her uploading the video, many claimed her idea was “genius.”
One person wrote: “Yes! I hate food that touches!”
A second one commented: “This would be great for taking leftovers home!”
Most read in Fabulous
Woman proudly fresh mani but that’s not what’s got everyone talking
WORK IT OUT
Find the error in this number puzzle – how long did it take you to spot it?
BEAT THE BREEZE
I have UPVC door, there’s a switch to make it less draughty this winter
BILL YOU BELIEVE IT
I’m a savvy mum – I tested how much it costs to leave your heating on
Fashion fans stay warm with Primark’s new accessory which won’t mess up their hair
I’m a size 8 & my bestie’s a 14…Primark looks that are nice on all body types
And a third commented: “I’ve done this for ten years and will never off anything else on Thanksgiving.”
Another trick that can make Thanksgiving ten times easier is making mashed potatoes the right way.
Cooking and lifestyle expert Lora McLaughlin Peterson posted a step-by-step guide on TikTok to enlighten those who enjoy homemade mashed potatoes without the skin.
First, Lora said to cook potatoes as you normally would.
“Grab a bowl and put a baking rack on top,” she instructed.
“Cut your potato in half, lay it on the rack, and smash.
“The rack mashes the potato while leaving the skin behind.”
Fellow TikTokers were impressed with the trick, with one saying the idea changed her life and encouraged Lora to trademark the tip.
Another commenter said people should put the unused potato skins in the air fryer and sprinkle them with salt and pepper for a tasty snack.
For those without access to a baking rack, there’s another hack to get the perfect mashed potatoes.
A TikToker previously shared she saves time and dishware by cooking her potatoes directly in milk.
“The potatoes absorb it anyway so why not… And it’s so good,” she said.
TikTokYou can also use them for leftovers[/caption]
Grid Posts News
When is Argentina vs Croatia – World Cup 2022 semi-final? TV channel, live stream FREE, kick-off time for HUGE clash
World Cup 2022 fixtures: What dates do England play? Kick-off times for knockouts and final plus results
World Cup 2022 LIVE: Raheem Sterling could feature for England, Lionel Messi’s Argentina through – latest
Urgent warning amid fears kids could pass deadly Strep A onto vulnerable grandparents as they gather for Christmas
- Emma Raducanu: Tennis star ‘creeped out’ after stalker hand-delivered love letters to her family home
- Ukraine’s pro-Kremlin rebels invited to join the Russian military
- How to watch Rafael Nadal vs Daniil Medvedev: Australian Open final UK start time, TV channel and live stream
- Australian prime minister warns Kanye West he must be fully vaccinated before Melbourne concert
- Boy, 9, killed and man in hospital after tree falls on them during Storm Malik
- Africa Cup of Nations 2022: Cameroon keep winning on the pitch but losing off it as authorities vilify fans
- PM and Chancellor double down on planned National Insurance hike
- PM considers doubling troops to strengthen Europe’s borders over Russia threat
- £1.5bn levelling up pot to ‘breathe fresh life’ into disadvantaged areas
- Sir Keir Starmer says he’d ‘quickly’ give more powers to Scottish Parliament if elected